It is hard to change from one operating system to the other so when you are thinking of shifting over to the other then you have to give quite a serious thought. You can easily compare it to shifting houses. You have to take care of so many things and then also you cannot accommodate everything, therefore end up giving up loads of things. So, if you are an iOS user and want to shift to Android then there are also so many things that you have to take into consideration before you plunge in. You have been comfortable using the iCloud email and now when you are moving to Android you are concerned about the email account. You really want to continue your iCloud email account but how! The Smartphones are aptly named as they are smart enough to come up with options that you can use to solve almost any concern you have regarding your phone.
Merging iCloud email account with an Android device
If you are an Apple iPhone user then you know already that setting up an iCloud email account is really easy. You have to enter the Apple’s credentials and everything will be taken care of. But in case you are shifting your loyalty to Android then you basically require a Gmail account. You are so used to operate the iCloud that you want to stick with it then also it is possible, but for that you have to complete some steps and you will be able to use your iCloud email account on your Android device.
The Procedure to be followed
You have to follow step by step procedure to get your much loved iCloud email account on Android device only.
– On your Android phone you have to open the email Application that comes default in your device
– It will open up the small sign – in window where you have to enter the iCloud email id and password
– After entering the credentials properly, you have to select Manual setup box below
– Now it will take you to another screen where it will be asking you what type of account you want to choose out of the three options provided there
– You will have to select IMAP Account
– Once you select the option you will go to Incoming server settings and get Security type box where you have to select SSL (Accept All Certificates) or SSL/TLS
– On the same screen you will have the Port box where you have to type in 993
– Now is the turn of Outgoing Server settings, here you have to enter the SSL/TLS or TLS or STARTTLS in the security type box and 587 must be entered in the Port box
– The set up email account screen will open up where it will be asking you to give a name to your account. It is not necessary that you have to give some name as it is optional.
– After naming the email account you have to enter your name that you want should appear when you are sending the email account
– Once you have entered the names just select Done
You are now ready to use your iCloud account on your Android device in a trouble-free manner.