As a blogger, your ultimate goal is to increase engagement on your blog. One of the key ways to achieve this is by making your Blogger blog a dofollow blog. Dofollow links are links that allow search engines to follow them and attribute the linked website with link equity. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of making your Blogger blog a dofollow blog, the steps to do it, and how it can help increase engagement on your blog.
What are Dofollow Links?
A dofollow link is a hyperlink that tells search engines to follow the link and count any link equity passed to the linked website. Dofollow links are the default link type and are used when no rel attribute is present in the HTML code of a hyperlink. On the other hand, a nofollow link is a hyperlink that tells search engines not to follow the link and not to count any link equity passed to the linked website.
Benefits of Dofollow Links
- Dofollow links can help to improve your search engine rankings by increasing the number of high-quality links pointing to your blog.
- Dofollow links can also help to increase the number of comments on your blog. When other bloggers leave comments on your blog and include a link to their own website, they are more likely to do so if they know that the link will be dofollow.
- Dofollow links can also help to increase the number of shares on your blog. When other bloggers share your content, they are more likely to do so if they know that the links in the shared content will be dofollow.
- Dofollow links can increase referral traffic to your website.
- Dofollow links can also increase your brand visibility and awareness.
Making Your Blogger Blog a Dofollow Blog
Here are the steps to make your Blogger blog a dofollow blog:
Step 1: Go to your Blogger dashboard and select the “Template” tab.
Step 2: Click on the “Edit HTML” button to access the HTML code of your blog.
Step 3: Use the “Find” function (Ctrl + F) to search for the following code: rel=’nofollow’
Step 4: Delete the rel=’nofollow’ code that you found in the previous step.
Step 5: Save your changes.
Your Blogger blog is now a dofollow blog.
Note: Keep in mind that you should always be careful when editing the HTML code of your blog and make sure to back up your template before making any changes.
Tips for Increasing Engagement on Your Blog
- Respond to comments: Responding to comments is a great way to increase engagement on your blog. By responding to comments, you show your readers that you value their input and that you’re interested in what they have to say.
- Encourage interaction: Encourage interaction by asking questions or starting discussions in your blog posts. This can help to increase engagement and make your blog a more interactive place.
- Share your blog posts on social media: Share your blog posts on social media to reach a wider audience and increase engagement.
- Use images and videos: Use images and videos in your blog posts to break up text and make your blog more visually appealing. This can help to increase engagement and make your blog more interesting to read.
- Be consistent: Be consistent with your blogging schedule. By posting new content on a regular basis, you’ll keep your readers engaged and coming back for more.
- Engage with other bloggers: Engage with other bloggers in your niche by commenting on their blogs, sharing their content, and collaborating on projects. This can help to increase your visibility and attract new readers to your blog.
- Create a community: Create a community around your blog by hosting events, running contests, or creating a Facebook group. This can help to increase engagement and foster a sense of belonging among your readers.
- Optimize your blog for SEO: Optimize your blog for SEO by using relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and tags. This can help to increase your visibility in search engines and attract new readers to your blog.
- Utilize analytics: Utilize analytics tools like Google Analytics to track your blog’s performance and identify areas for improvement. This can help you make data-driven decisions and increase engagement on your blog.
Making your Blogger blog a dofollow blog can have many benefits, including improving your search engine rankings, increasing the number of comments, shares, and referral traffic on your blog. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily make your Blogger blog a dofollow blog. Keep in mind that increasing engagement on your blog is an ongoing process and it’s important to keep experimenting with different strategies to find what works best for your blog. Remember, a well-rounded blog with a healthy commenting system, consistent post schedule and active community is the key to a successful blog.